Dec 25, 2008

Nairobi Christmas

My friend Theresa belongs to an Evangelical religious "movement", not a church, as she says, here in Nairobi. Some of her friends from the States are also here with their churches and decided to host a Nairobi style Christmas- it was really nice to have some North American home cooked food! It's been a month, and it was super delish. We did a gift exchange game called Thieves Christmas, where you essentially can steal people's presents- it's complicated, but I ended up with a thermos for my coffee! I told them the students at Sud Academy will thank them...as long as I have my morning coffee... I'm golden. Twayla, our hostess, even made little place cards with everyone's names- she is super cute. They were very welcoming and I am grateful to them for inviting me to such a lovely Christmas day- otherwise I would have spent it like any normal day, by myself. And that would be NO fun. Sorry about the formatting here folks. No idea how to space it correctly.






























No comments: