Dec 13, 2008

Kiss!

OK. So you can put their food in your mouth, which are little pebbles of maize, grass and honey I think? Something like that... anyways, they will then come and slurp it out, but surprisingly, you don't get anything on your face because they do it so fast, and the end of their tongue is so slick and accurate! Their tongues are crazy long and have gray saliva that is actually GOOD for you, like polysporin, it heals wounds. This is because they eat from the Acacia tree which is full of antiseptics! This is about as romantic as I intend to get while in Africa, so I'm glad she was such a doll about it! I expect her to call me in the a.m...

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey Kellee, What an awesome experience. When I was there I didn't see anyone kissing the giraffes though! And we got all slobbered over when we tried to feed them! Looks like you're having an amazing adventure so far!

Judi said...

Hi Kellee..........it's Judi here, (Judi Mudge)....I have been trying to send you an email all week, and in spite of all of my excuses, the truth to be told is as follows: I am so proud that my great friend (your mother) has a daughter named Kellee, doing what you are doing!...Just listening to your mom talk about what you are doing then added to all of that...me going onto this site seeing with my own eyes...Kellee, you are an incredible woman!!!...You have made me re-think my life in so many ways, in just a very short time!....You go girl...do what you are meant to do!...talk soon!...Give Kelly a big kiss for me too!

Judi

Anonymous said...

You'll do anything for a makeout eh? :) hahaha
Miss you lots.
AB

Mariko said...

Hhahahah...I too, fed a giraffe this past October --- but with my hands! Kel, you're a brave one!