Feb 1, 2009

Uniform shopping with the boys!

Saturday and Sunday this weekend was spent shopping in markets for deals on items like pens, pencils, math sets, textbooks, notebooks (we needed one HUNDRED 200 page ones! school rule)... and of course, uniforms! Some which we got in the market- shirts, ties, socks... Then it was off to school to settle the tab for admin fees and a few other costs. The boys will be attending their first day of classes on Monday! They are very excited! There are still Term 2 fees to pay of which we have some money, but not all... and there is also exam fees that are surprisingly high... my mom said she would keep up the fundraising so they will be able to cover all these costs. Go Susie Q. You will notice I am wearing a tie in the photos- the boys love it when I joke around, and especially love watching me bargain with people at the markets who would charge me twice as much because I'm a "foreigner". I am one tough foreigner though, they say! We tried many shirts on, and the saleslady taught a couple of them how to tie ties. When all was said and done, they were suited up for class tomorrow. Looking "smart" as they say here in Kenya. I will keep you all updated as to their first week of school! Thanks again to all those who have donated- these smiles are because of your generousity.


















4 comments:

lyndsay said...

so cute! so excited for them.
i am not even there, but now feel a small connection to them.
small lil miracles can happen.

Anonymous said...

The boys certainly do look happy. I am glad I can help them in some small way. You look very nice in your tie too!

lorib said...

Kellee,
You look just as happy as those young boys!

Glad to see it's all coming together.

Keep posting pictures...love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

This is truly a happy ending! I am so excited, that with my small contribution, I was able to take part in making such a huge difference in these men's lives. Great job Kellee!